Latest Movie :

MTV Interview Matthew Marsden

MTV has scored the first interview with Matthew Marsden since he scored a lead role as SAS Graham in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. The full interview with video is here. Thanks to Chris for the link.

The highlights:
- Avid comic book reader who collected Transformer comics (probably UK version written by Simon Furman) as a child. "I was an avid comic book reader as a kid; I used to get literally one every day. I'd get Spider-Man,' 'X-Men,' mainly all the Marvel comics, and Saturday was 'Transformers' day. ... I was a real big fan of 'Transformers,' and I went opening day to see the first [Michael Bay movie]. I loved it. I thought Shia was amazing. He's a very talented actor, and I think they did all the Transformers justice."
- His role of Graham is member of British Special Forces attached to Lennox's (Josh Duhamel) team, "there's two of us initially. And we're battling the bad guys."
- "I just try to be real," he said. "My character is not an amusing character. He's a soldier, so all the stuff that I did is very much rooted in reality and what I know from the experiences of my friends [who are in the military]. So, it's just very real and nothing über-spectacular."
- ""We went to Pennsylvania and shot at the Bethlehem Steel Plant, which was really amazing," he recalled, discussing a moment when the soldiers battle a Decepticon. "We had this scene where it's, like, 'That's where he is!' and you have to shoot at him. 'He's going that way!' It's quite a far distance away, so we had to use a laser pointer [to stand in for the robot]. It's all fun; I love that stuff."
- So far has not met Megan Fox and Shia LaBeouf since his scenes has intersected with theirs yet.
- He has not received the entire script to the film; I am assuming he has only seen the pages for the scenes related to what he is doing.
- "They're going to be bringing more Transformers in," Marsden revealed. "And there's definitely [some] in the scene that we do, different Transformers, so fans should be very excited."
- Hit it off with Michael discussing the military (both fans) and that led to the role of Graham being expanded and "I know I don't die...so that can't be bad, can it?"
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. New Transformers - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger